Discover how predictive maintenance can optimize your asset management and reduce costs from unexpected downtime.
Maintenance is a fundamental activity to ensure asset availability and reliability, reducing operational costs and increasing process efficiency. Did you know that it’s possible to identify possible equipment failures before they occur? Yes, through predictive maintenance.
This trend uses advanced technologies, such as data analysis software, allowing companies to schedule preventive maintenance with greater precision and, consequently, increase asset availability.
Want to know more about how this is possible? In this article, we’ll cover the importance of predictive maintenance for efficient asset management and how it can contribute to cost reduction and improve employee performance. Follow along!
What is predictive maintenance?
Predictive maintenance is a maintenance strategy that aims to identify possible equipment failures before they occur. It uses data collected by sensors and monitoring equipment to perform predictive analysis and schedule preventive maintenance more precisely.
What are the benefits of predictive maintenance?
Predictive maintenance can bring several benefits to asset management. Let’s highlight some of them:
- Reduction of costs from unexpected downtime: with the early identification of possible equipment failures, it’s possible to schedule preventive maintenance and avoid unplanned downtime, reducing operational costs and increasing process efficiency;
- Increased asset availability: with predictive maintenance, managers can schedule preventive maintenance more precisely, reducing equipment downtime and increasing asset availability;
- Improved team performance: if you have more available equipment and less downtime, then employees can work with greater safety and efficiency, increasing company productivity.
Why use maintenance software?
Maintenance software can help companies better manage their assets and schedule preventive and corrective maintenance based on data collected from assets. This can bring several benefits, such as:
- Reduction of maintenance costs;
- Increased asset lifespan;
- Reduction of unplanned downtime;
- Increased operational efficiency.
Moreover, using maintenance software can help automate repetitive tasks and free up time for more valuable tasks.
Through a maintenance management system, you’ll have access to control different processes related to maintenance management, such as:
- Scheduling and tracking preventive and corrective maintenance;
- Managing work orders;
- Managing inventory;
- Analyzing data for decision-making.
Predictive analysis is an efficient strategy to ensure asset availability and reliability in a company. And with the implementation of specialized predictive maintenance software, you can bring even more benefits, such as greater precision in predictions and more efficient asset lifecycle management.
Want to experience how predictive maintenance can improve your asset management and reduce costs in practice? Request a demo of our software and discover how we can help your company become more efficient.