Learn how asset management can transform the efficiency of your facilities business. Read our full text now.
The facilities market, that is, outsourced services for companies, has grown significantly in recent years. More and more companies are resorting to outsourcing services such as cleaning, building maintenance, catering, reception, among others. In this scenario, asset management becomes essential to ensure the efficiency and quality of the services provided.
Do you want to understand more about this market and the role of asset management in the sector? That’s what we’re going to discuss in this article. Read on!
The growth of the facilities market
The facilities market has grown exponentially in recent years, driven by companies’ need to focus on their core activities and outsource services that are not directly related to their core business.
This growth accompanies the expansion of several economic segments that demand integrated and efficient solutions for their facilities. And there are several reasons, especially in the post-pandemic period:
- The rapid vaccination since mid-2021 is supporting a return to normality and the resumption of economic activities;
- The recovery of the service sector can boost the demand for facilities such as cleaning, maintenance, security, and building management;
- The need to invest in infrastructure to improve the competitiveness and productivity of the country can create opportunities for the facilities sector.
But how does asset management establish itself in this context? Keep reading to find out more!
The importance of asset management in the facilities sector
To ensure the efficiency and quality of the services provided, it is essential that facilities companies have an effective asset management system. This is because, often, assets are distributed across contracting companies, and therefore, it is important that management is done remotely.
Through management software, it is possible to monitor asset usage and perform preventive maintenance, prolonging their useful life. And that is just one of the advantages.
Benefits of asset management for the facilities sector
By implementing an asset management system, facilities companies can obtain various benefits, such as:
- Improved efficiency: with proper asset management, it is possible to ensure their efficient use, avoiding waste and reducing costs;
- Reduced unplanned downtime: preventive maintenance ensures that assets are always in good working condition, reducing the risk of unplanned downtime that may affect service provision;
- Improved service quality: with proper asset use and preventive maintenance, it is possible to ensure the quality of the services provided, meeting customer expectations;
- Prolonged asset life: proper asset management ensures that they are used appropriately and receive the necessary maintenance, prolonging their useful life and avoiding the need for premature replacement.
There is no denying that asset management is essential for the facilities sector, which is constantly growing and becoming increasingly present in companies. Remote management provides greater control over asset usage and location, which can result in time and money savings for the facilities company and the contractor.
Do you want to optimize the asset management of your facilities company? Request a demonstration of Manusis’ management software right now! Understand in practice how to optimize your operations!