Discover how a dashboard can help with the management and monitoring of your assets. Learn about the main features, characteristics, and steps to take to create your own!
A dashboard is a tool that allows users to monitor and manage their assets in an agile and intuitive way. It provides a visual summary of the data and information needed to make strategic decisions. If you are, or wish to be, a user of an asset management software, then your dashboard is your starting point.
Read on to discover the features, functionalities, and benefits of having a complete and interactive dashboard for monitoring and managing your assets.
A dashboard of an asset management software is a visual panel that contains information, metrics, and indicators about the company’s assets. It can help reduce operating and maintenance costs of assets, extend equipment life, optimize resource utilization, and improve performance and service quality.
Some characteristics of a good dashboard of an asset management software are:
- show objective and clear indicators;
- support decision-making; monitor company performance;
- facilitate data monitoring;
- present real-time data from various sources;
- have a customizable interface;
- be adaptable to different objectives and audiences;
- be simple and intuitive;
- be visually attractive and functional.
A dashboard offers the user multiple options for visualizing data, such as graphs, tables, and maps. The user can filter data according to their interests and obtain insights into trends, correlations, and behavioral patterns.
In Manusis4, for example, you have the function of creating customized dashboards according to your needs to monitor the status of your assets, in addition to having the function of publishing and sharing with other users. Thus, it becomes more intuitive and adapts to your demands.
An interactive dashboard offers the user a broad and detailed view of their assets. Its main benefits include:
- access to accurate and up-to-date information about assets;
- real-time monitoring of usage trends;
- generation of insights about asset performance;
- identification of possible problems;
- creation of alerts to stay informed about changes to your assets;
- customization of the dashboard to make it more intuitive and fit your needs.
First, it is ideal to invest in an EAM (Enterprise Asset Management) that provides the function of dashboard customization. Then, to make a dashboard for asset management software, you can follow these steps:
- determine the dashboard objectives, i.e., what you want to show and to whom;
- identify the key metrics that will measure asset performance, such as costs, availability, and reliability;
- choose the type of dashboard that best suits your purpose, such as operational, strategic, or analytical;
- organize the information on the panel in a clear, simple, and visually appealing way, using graphs, tables, colors, and icons;
- review and update the dashboard periodically to ensure it reflects the current situation of assets.
A dashboard is an essential tool for asset monitoring and management. It offers the user visibility and control over their assets, as well as enabling data analysis and strategic decision-making. A good dashboard should be intuitive, interactive, and customizable to fit the user’s needs.
Manusis4 has all the necessary functionalities for creating the ideal dashboard for managing your assets. To learn more, request a demo and discover how Manusis4 can help you efficiently manage your assets!